Brace Fetishists are not welcome.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Braces Story

Alright time for my first post. This is my first time in braces. I've needed them as a teenager but for whatever reasons it never happened. Now that I'm working I can get them on my own. I went in for my initial consultation in early May 2011. After agreeing to continue into the journey of Tinsel Teeth I made the appointment for my photographs and Xrays.



So here is a picture of the computer screen after I had my initial consultation. It was taken May 17, 2011 when I went in for my xrays. It's not very clear but you can see that I have some crowding on both the upper and lower teeth, more so on the lower, a little bit of a crossbite, as well as a bit of an overbite (or maybe it's an overjet I'm not too sure of the difference) measuring 6mm. My orthodontist said that ideally she'll bring it down to 3mm. Unfortunately it seems to be a unanimous decision that I NEEDED extractions due to the small size of my jaw, combined with the size and severity of my teeth.

Let me just say that those cheek expanders are CRAZY. I was SO glad I remembered to bring my chapstick with me. Those things are no joke when you've had them long enough to take all those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment