Brace Fetishists are not welcome.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Brace Day


My official Brace Day was June 21, 2011. I was reunited with my old friend Cheek Expanders again.
I got ceramic Clarity brackets on my upper teeth and traditional metal brackets on my lower teeth. I also have four molar bands. I think those spacers and the bands were the most difficult part so far. I just didn't have enough room for the bands after one week of spacers and had to have them on for an additional three weeks before I could get bands on my lower teeth. For those same three weeks I had bands on my upper teeth but they were not cemented. But not anymore!

Sadly on the ride home, before I even reached my house I popped my first bracket. It was the one of my upper left canine. Imagine sitting calmly in the car with a sudden odd popping motion in my mouth. I briefly thought that it was my teeth moving miraculously fast only to realize that the bracket is all jiggly on the wire. :|

Even more absurdly I popped another bracket on my lower right lateral incisor only two days later. My teeth just seem too stubborn to move and the brackets give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment