Brace Fetishists are not welcome.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Great news at my adjustment today!

Just got out of an adjustment appointment. I told my orthodontist that I have two problems and one question that hopefully she can address.

The first problem is that a steel ligature on my lower right lateral incisor is sticking out and poking me uncomfortably. The offending ligature was trimmed and tucked under the arch wire a bit more nearly.

The second problem was that the difficulty in putting on my elastics on the upper right side due to the close proximity of the ligature to where the elastic should go instead. My orthodontist changed it so that half of the bracket is attached to the arch wife via ligature leaving the other half open to give me a little more room to work with.

Finally I posed a hypothetical situation to her. If this was my first visit, I came in for a consult with my teeth in this position… I didn't even get to the question when she said she would not even bother putting braces on me I'm that close to the end. I asked for a ballpark estimate of when they would be off and she said it would definitely be within the year!

CAN I GET A WOOHOO?!
*************************







No comments:

Post a Comment