Brace Fetishists are not welcome.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

October Adjustment

My appointment this time was a few weeks ago but I hadn't written about it until now because it was just horrific!

My power chain was removed from my upper teeth and canine to canine were secured with steel ligatures. My orthodontist was pleased with them and didn't want them to move anymore. However now that my overjet had been reduced my small back teeth were not touching so I'm  back to wearing elastics in a strange triangular pattern. My upper second premolars are the top points and the bottom points are the low molar bands and lower canines. This is supposed to help bring my upper bicuspids down a little. Then we did some finishing touches on reshaping of the front teeth.

On the way home though, that bracket on the left upper side in the triangular configuration popped right off. I called them and explained the setup and how that can no longer be implemented and they told me to come right back. So back on the bus I went for an hours ride BACK to my ortho's office. When I go there she scraped off the remaining glue and put on a new bracket. Which popped off before I even got out of the chair. Again came that scraping tool and this time she replaced it with a metal bracket. It's now been about two weeks and that metal bracket is still going strong! But that week after the appointment was just terrible. With the exception of my extractions and the recovery period this was the most painful my braces journey had ever been.

Oh, on another note, my orthodontist confirmed that my lower wisdoms are growing in really crooked and I may have to have them removed. Holding onto them for now until I get confirmation that my health coverage has been renewed. Just in case.

Also I miss snacking throughout the day. This triangular elastics set up is severely limiting the frequency of food going into my mouth. >:[
 *************************




No comments:

Post a Comment