Brace Fetishists are not welcome.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Progress With Foods

So there seems to be some good news regarding the foods I am allowed to eat. The big rule is that I am to avoid anything hard sticky or tacky. However today I've discovered that I can eat potato chips (one at a time and carefully), cookies (if soft baked) and milk chocolate (if I let it melt in my mouth and then just swallow it). This is WONDERFUL news because I can not tell you how much I've missed junk food.

Only on Sunday I had McDonald's for the first time. It was a fish fillet but still progress is progress. I am so happy that I can have normal foods again. I'm two months one week and four days into my treatment and the pain comes and goes at odd intervals. Sometimes one tooth aches, another time a different tooth aches. Sometimes nothing aches and I can deal with it all. The days that everything hurts and I can't eat I survive on Ensure drinks. The vanilla and chocolate flavors are the best!

I'm told that the first three months are the most terrible and after that it's easy sailing. I really hope that it is the case with me as well.

I haven't posted a pic in a while because I've been a bit busy with work and getting ready for school but I will soon. My next adjustment is on September 13th, so it'll definitely be up by then.

Have a happy Thursday, readers! The weekend is almost here! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment